I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Fallen Legacies

The Fallen Legacies - Pittacus Lore "This is a waste of time," seethes Ivan, and he stomps off into the hut's backroom, where we've stored our equipment. I assume he's going to report to my father: no Loric found yet; Kenyan children hurt my feelings.This short story in the Lorien series tells takes the unique perspective of Adamus, the son of a Mogodorian general who is in charge of trying to find and destroy the Garde on earth. Adamus shares in his people's dreams of conquest, until -- as part of an experiment -- his mind becomes linked with that of Number One and he is able to share in her memories of her life, and to learn more about the Lorien whom he's always assumed were his enemies.Although Adamus becomes sympathetic to the Loric, there's enough information about the Mogodorians as a people to get into the mindset of what it's like to be part of their society. The way the author tied in the stories of the first three Loric Garde to Adamus' provided the reader with an interesting perspective and a way to tell their tales without lengthening them out into full novels. I appreciated being able to see "the other side," as it is.Overall: A quick read, and definitely worth a read; I could definitely see some of the things in this one coming into play later in the series.