Becoming Indigo - Tara Taylor, Lorna Schultz Nicholson Fresh out of high school and unsure of her future, Indigo takes on a job at Annabelle’s Angels, a new age shop, in hopes of some guidance for her life.I was confused about so many things. It was as if this crazy world of mine that existed in my head and body had no rules to follow, no regulations.The synopsis I read for this book talked of a young woman discovering what she wanted to do with her life while living in the Glebe neighborhood of Ottawa, Ontario. Having lived in Ottawa, somewhat near the Glebe, for a year, I knew I had to see if they did justice to one of my favorite cities. Aside from implying that the Royal Oak is in the Glebe, and neglecting to have the characters skate down the canal at any point in the novel, I’d have to say it was a pretty accurate depiction of Ottawa’s culture.As far as the actual story goes, however, I really struggled with figuring out what the driving force of the novel is. I found out later that there is prior book about Indigo called Through Indigo’s Eyes, and perhaps reading that would have helped some of my initial confusion, but even once I got into it, it seemed that the book was trying to do too many things all at once.What exactly is this book about? Well… living independent from parents, post-high-school identity crisis, dealing with bad breakups, dealing with unwanted sexual attention, dealing with rape, coping with the death of a loved one, finding one’s purpose in life, putting aside the past, learning to trust after being hurt, ghosts and hauntings, the occult and demons, new age beliefs, reincarnation, tarot readings, intuition, angels, and spirits. Overwhelmed? Yup, me too.