Starclimber - Kenneth Oppel Pilot Matt Cruse and high-altitude biologist Kate de Vries join the crew of the Starclimber, as the world’s first astralnaut.Traveling at night towards the stars, I thought yet again how very far away they were, and how you could travel your whole lifetime and never reach even the closest one… I wondered if Kate was to be my star, and I’d spend my life gazing upon her but never reaching her.I love this series.Kenneth Oppel is quickly becoming one of my favorite YA authors. After reading This Dark Endeavor and Such Wicked Intent (prequels to Shelley’s Frankenstein), I started the Matt Cruse series with Airborn and Skybreaker, both of which were fabulous steampunk-alternate history adventures. I loved the world Oppel created (in this one, the space race is taking place between Canada and France!) and his characters are quirky, realistically flawed, smart, and always up for an adventure.This third book is just as exciting as the first two, and I appreciate the fact that each of the three are a complete story all on their own. This book provided resolution for the series, but also kept it open for the reader to imagine even more adventures for Matt and Kate after the series ends. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend it.Overall: A wonderful steampunk adventure reminiscent of Verne’s From the Earth to the Moon.