The Christian Mama's Guide to Parenting a Toddler: Everything You Need to Know to Survive (and Love) Your Child's Terrible Twos - Erin MacPherson One mom’s advice and encouragement on a range of topics pertinent to raising toddlers in a Christian home.It’s easy to get frustrated with one-and-a-half-year-olds, but it’s also easy to love them for the real, honest, and utterly adorable children of God that they are.With one son entering the toddler years and the other making his way out, I picked up this book with the advantage of hindsight and the anticipation of going through the ‘terrible twos’ again pretty soon.The author is a blogger/author with three kids of her own. She uses a healthy dose of humor and self-depreciation to encourage and reassure parents that no one is a perfect mom, and it’s okay to admit your faults and shortcomings, to give yourself breaks, and to have an ‘off’ day every once in awhile. I appreciated the laid-back, realistic approach to parenting that balances good, reasonable advice with the acknowledgement that some days, just making it to bedtime is accomplishment enough. My favorite section was that on “Learning and Growing with Your Toddler” which included lists of age-appropriate activities to nurture your child’s love of learning.Although this book is great for a quick pick-me-up when you need encouragement, don’t expect a lot of heavy scientific research or appendices filled with other resources. As far as parenting books go, it’s pretty fluffy, with more personal anecdotes and been-there-done-that cheerleading than hard facts. Some of the advice, I’d even downright disagree with, so you have to take it with a grain of salt and realize that the author isn’t writing this as an end-all-be-all parenting handbook, but simply more of a collection of advice from her personal experiences.Overall: A quick, easy-to-read, light-hearted book on the struggles of parenting toddlers.