Grieving God's Way: The Path to Lasting Hope and Healing - Margaret Brownley God wants us to grieve in a hopeful way. This is best done by connecting us to things that go beyond the moment. Smile at a baby; play with a puppy. Plant a tree or plan a special trip or family gathering... Spend time with hopeful people, people with goals and dreams, people whose faith you admire.This 90-day devotional book is designed to help guide the reader through the grieving process, taking it day by day and constantly pointing him or her towards God's Word for comfort and reassurance, while at the same time providing practical encouragement and advice for daily life.The author breaks each day into manageable bites. She not only acknowledges and sympathizes with the pain of the loss of a loved one, but one day at a time helps the reader process the emotions and struggles that he or she is dealing with each day. It's divided into four sections which gradually works the reader through the struggles of the body, soul (or mind), heart (or relationships with others), and spirit (or relationships with God), which ends up flowing nicely, working outward from the bereaved. I really liked how the author gave practical things to do, such as starting a journal, going for a walk, listen to music, etc. Nearly every day contains something a person could do in order to help process their grief.That being said, some of the language is rather emotionally-focused and could be considered a bit "touchy-feely," which may not appeal to some readers. Each day also includes a haiku that some may appreciate, but I thought ended up skipping over; I guess I'm not really one for poetry, and I doubt I would find comfort in it in the midst of grief, either.Overall: Daily reminders of God's love and advice for coping with a loss, which would be a useful addition to a church library.Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a review copy of this book!