Fairies at Bedtime: Tales of Inspiration and Delight for You to Read with Your Child to Enchant, Comfort and Enlighten - Karen Wallace, Lou Kuenzler Relax and empty your mind of everyday thoughts. Be still and listen carefully to this story about a fairy who makes a friend and learns to be proud of her work.This is a collection of twenty short stories featuring fairies that aim to teach children lessons about life, friendship, values, and kindness. Each begins with an illustration and a short paragraph that's designed to help focus the listener, and at the end of each are a number of discussion points for a parent or reader to consider that bring home the lesson of each story.The stories in this book are short and incredibly simplistic. These could easily be used as illustrations for a parent or teacher looking to teach about a particular moral or value. Lessons like being kind to others, not boasting, not being afraid to try new things, and caring for nature are taught in a way that children can relate to and easily understand. The stories are cute, positive, and straightforward.In some ways, I think these stories were too straightforward. After awhile they all seemed to blend together and follow too much of a similar pattern -- child has a problem, child meets fairy, fairy helps solve problem, and everyone lives happily ever after. Occasionally, things would get changed up a bit and it would be a fairy that has a problem, solved either by a child or by another fairy, but the formula stayed pretty much the same. Oftentimes, the fairies themselves were superfluousness; a human friend could have done the same thing that the fairy character did. Many were in modern day with few or no magical elements at all. I had a difficult time determining the desired age group for these stories. The plot and characters were simplistic and cute enough to read to a preschooler, but the lack of illustrations left my preschooler antsy and distracted; readers who have moved beyond picture books may find the stories too childish. They also contained some New Age elements that I wasn't expecting, such as meditation instructions, as well as references to one's inner "powers," "nature spirits," and the concept of karma.Overall: Short, very simplistic life lessons designed to appeal to fairy fanatic 4-7 year olds.Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a review copy of this book!