The Atlantis Complex - Eoin Colfer "Off on another save-the-world, nick-of-time, seat-of-the-pants adventure?""Well, in the space of one night we have been attacked by zombie wrestling fans and invisible dwarfs," said Butler glumly. "So it certainly looks like it."A combination of meddling with magic and guilt has driven the great Artemis Fowl into a mental psychosis known as the Atlantic Complex, complete with hallucinations, paranoia, OCD, and a rather irritating altar ego dual personality named Orion. Wouldn't it be just their luck that this occurs at the same time as Turnball Kelp, convicted criminal turncoat, plots his escape from his Atlantean prison, vowing to take down Holly, Foaly, and the others as part of his evil plan.While this story contains all the clever wittiness of the other Artemis Fowl books, a healthy dose of magic and technology, and the characters whom we've grown to love, I couldn't help but feel that it fell short. Artemis' mental illness leaves him out of commission for most of the novel, and replaces him with the eternally irritating, completely ridiculous Orion. Without the hero's genius schemes to save the day, the resolution was left up to a whole lot of big, fat luck. And the villain -- although a selfish, cruel guy -- just didn't have a whole lot of punch, nor -- it seemed -- a whole lot of motive for doing what he did. Opal could pull off the same thing and we'd say it's because she's a crazy megalomaniac, but for Turnball, the motivation just wasn't there. And from the resolution, it was apparent that his heart really wasn't in it, so why bother with the super-complex kill-everyone plan when a simpler, less devious plan could have yielded his desired results?Overall: A must-read for Fowl fans, if not only because it left some unanswered questions will hopefully will be resolved in the final book (which I'm anxious to read, and hope it will live up to my expectations!)