Futility or The Wreck Of The Titan - Morgan Robertson This book has been called "a nineteenth-century prophecy" due to its striking similarities to the actual wreck of the Titanic, which occurred fourteen years after this story was published. I had been wanting to read this book for some time to see for myself the "prophetic" story of an 'unsinkable' liner named the Titan which struck an iceberg in the Atlantic one April, whose passengers perished due to a lack of lifeboats. This book wasn't exactly what I thought it'd be, probably since I had books like "A Night to Remember" in mind, where most of the action focused on the time immediately before and after the iceberg was struck. This story, on the other hand, wasted little time (a paragraph?) sinking the ship, and the rest of the book focused on the story of a survivor who beats the odds and rescues the small child of his former love interest.Despite not meeting my expectations, I actually really liked the story that did take place, as it was a story of personal survival and redemption for the protagonist, who showed a lot more character than I had taken him for initially.