Delirium  - Lauren Oliver In typical YA dystopian fashion, this book centers on the main character who trusts society's views on things until s/he meets an outsider/rebel boy/girl, and through their relationship everything changes and she sees how wrong society really is ("Matched" by Ally Condie, "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury, "Divergent" by Veronica Roth, etc) In this society, love (or rather, passion for anything) is "cured" in the teenage years, but as the main character, Lena, awaits her procedure, she develops a relationship with a boy, Alex, that changes her perspective and opens her eyes to the flaws of the system.Things I liked... - Lena had legitimate reasons in her past for buying into the system. She was perhaps a bit gullible and ignorant, but not as naive as those around her. - I liked the characters. The protagonists were people that I could see wanting to be friends with, and the antagonists were people I came to despise- The romance aspect was fairly realistic. The relationship developed over time by spending time together, talking, getting to know one another, and sharing common interests and hobbies. It was genuine, not a fly-by-night obsessionThings I didn't like...- Like many love interests in YA novels, Alex is "perfect" -- perfect face, perfect body, perfect personality. He knows exactly what to do, has the right connections, shows up in the nick of time, etc, etc, etc. It makes him become a bit static and predictable.- There were a couple little things that kind of irritated me throughout the book, like how Lena doesn't know how to get a hold of Alex or where he lives... you'd think that after spending a whole summer together they'd have worked out some method of communication for the times plans went awry (again and again). There were parts of the book that were extremely predictable, to the point where I don't know why the characters acted like they did; they should have seen what was coming as clearly as the reader. Also, I'm not sure about the ending yet... in some ways it makes me not want to read the sequel, because then I can still pretend that it ends the way I want it to.Overall, I'd recommend this book to those wanting a dystopian novel to fill in while waiting for the third "Matched" novel, or a YA romance fan who wants to read about something other than vampires this year.