Before I Go To Sleep - S.J.Watson Heads up: contains some graphic sexual content, violence, and swearing------------This was an incredibly intense story, much more so than I had expected. It's the fictional journal of a woman with amnesia that causes her to lose access to her short-term memory after going to sleep each night, which means that she wakes up with no knowledge of the last twenty or so years of her life, her husband, or how she came to be like that. It starts out like it could be a sad, albeit realistic sequel to the Adam Sandler movie "50 First Dates," but when Christine starts to realize through her journal that she's been lied to, the story takes a much darker turn.It was a quick read, and one that was very compelling and kept the reader guessing up until the very end. I can normally figure out plot twists about halfway through books, but this one had me stumped, though in retrospect, the author wove in the clues rather ingeniously through glimpses of memories and Christine's own observations.